TunSafe Forum

Welcome to the TunSafe Community Forum. This is open for discussions related to TunSafe and the WireGuard protocol.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-16 23:55:23

farmwald

Windows 10 says that the Tunsafe network is "unidentifed".

Windows 10 says that my Tunsafe network is "unidentifed". How do I set it to private (or public?)

#2 2018-12-13 16:59:26

Hitchhiker

Re: Windows 10 says that the Tunsafe network is "unidentifed".

It's already set to either Private or Public. You can see that by going to Windows Control Panel and then click Network and Sharing Center. "The "unidentified" tag is merely used because it's a virtual adapter rather than a piece of hardware in your machine.

#3 2018-12-29 08:29:47

farmwald

I finally figured out how to set a tunsafe TAP connection to private. In windows, you have to have a nonzero gateway for the connection to be "identified". For me at least, tunsafe wasn't setting the gateway.
If I manually set the IPV4 gateway in the TAP properties, windows ask me to identify the network and all works well.
It seems like tunsafe should automatically set the gateway, or at least allow the conf file to specify a gateway.
I'm surprised no one else had this problem.
Mike

#4 2019-02-05 01:41:43

SilverbackNet

FWIW, this is a well-known, longstanding problem with the OpenVPN TAP adapter; sometimes it just won't or stops setting the gateway for no good reason. Generally, the only fix other than manually entering a static gateway is completely removing and reinstalling it. I think I first encountered it in 2009.

Board footer