TunSafe Forum

Welcome to the TunSafe Community Forum. This is open for discussions related to TunSafe and the WireGuard protocol.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-18 18:18:47

francisuk1989
Website

tunsafe free server are been hammed introduce a speed limit? donation?

Lately i feel like the tunsafe free servers have been hammered where theres no bandwidth left for other users to try, However i can understand is a free service but to make it fair on other users please introduce a speed limit of up to 10Mbit per sec per IP or per Private Key

Another idea is making a donation server so only users who made such donations can use that server based upon a Private Key

Just two ideas that i had in mind

Francis

Last edited by francisuk1989 (2019-01-18 18:28:00)

#2 2019-01-24 13:26:56

Hitchhiker

Re: tunsafe free server are been hammed introduce a speed limit? donation?

If you're experiecing performance issues on one particular server try switching to another one. You'll find a list of them in this thread: https://forum.tunsafe.com/viewtopic.php?id=21

#3 2019-01-26 17:34:44

wiggo
Administrator

Yep .. Since November, the number of users has increased significantly and currently there are over 400,000 registered peers / keys. All servers are very overloaded now, which is unsustainable as the service becomes unusable and loses its purpose.
We need to solve this in some way pretty soon. Bandwidth limit won't help since there are so many connected peers so the bandwidth is already low / connected peer. But your other proposal can be a good idea.

Regards
Viktor

#4 2019-01-30 18:58:33

wiggo
Administrator

We have now added ads to the website to avoid having to shut down the VPN service due to the increased costs and bandwidth requirements. At the same time, we have made some upgrades to increase capacity. Expect the service to work better now. Please notify if you have any further problems with the speed.

Regards
Viktor

Board footer