TunSafe Forum

Welcome to the TunSafe Community Forum. This is open for discussions related to TunSafe and the WireGuard protocol.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-15 20:56:43

rhester72

SOLVED: Weird TunSafe Windows issue

OS is Windows 10 Home using TunSafe client 1.5-rc2 connecting to a Wireguard tunnel on my own dual-stack network

TunSafe itself works perfectly over both IPv4 and IPv6 with Chrome et al, which is why I'd never noticed a problem before.

However, it seems with any Microsoft-specific applications (Edge, the Microsoft Store and any apps from it, etc.), the network doesn't seem to function at all - but *only* with Microsoft-supplied apps.

The issue doesn't appear to be with DNS, as Edge (for example) refuses to connect even by IP address, whether remote or local LAN.

Anyone else seen anything like this?  It's bizarre.

Rodney

EDIT: Just playing around, I experimentally lowered the MTU to 1400 - no change.  Didn't figure it would change anything since the problem is limited to only Microsoft apps, but tried anyway.

Last edited by rhester72 (2019-01-16 21:22:53)

#2 2019-01-16 21:10:23

rhester72

Re: SOLVED: Weird TunSafe Windows issue

Resolved.  Two TAP adapters were in conflict with one another due to a legacy install of OpenVPN.  Uninstalled all TAPs and TunSafe then reinstalled and all is well.

Board footer