TunSafe Forum

Welcome to the TunSafe Community Forum. This is open for discussions related to TunSafe and the WireGuard protocol.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-25 09:53:42

joelfernandes

Files not deleting in Catalina from local files

I'm on OSX Catalina v.10.15.1 and I've noticed that if I want to delete a file either on desktop or in my documents folder (but it works in Downloads???) it makes the trash sound, but the file remains. I can keep deleting it but nothing happens and it doesn't show up in the bin. Furthermore, I can't seem to open documents I save either on desktop or documents which is a lot more frustrating. When I try to open the file (not a deleted one) it says 'cannot open file'.

I do save most of my things in OneDrive but I'd still like to have my desktop as a place to save a document or two until I'm done dealing with it.

Does anyone know what could be causing these problems? Would a reinstall solve this or is it possibly an issue between OneDrive and local files? When I reboot I can delete the files I couldn't delete before but then a day later the same thing happens. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Board footer