TunSafe Forum

Welcome to the TunSafe Community Forum. This is open for discussions related to TunSafe and the WireGuard protocol.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-04 02:54:27

bhardn

Fire TV - VPN Failed custom wireguard config

Works fine when connecting to the Tunsafe servers but when I copy my own server config that worked for the Fire TV/android wireguard apk then I see the "VPN Failed" message. No logs or debugging info shown.

I'm using this apk TunSafe-Android-Build4-2019-02-19.apk

Looks like this isn't FireTV specific as another person has the same issue with their review on Play Store - https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … 5CaqsCh6sQ

Any pointers on debugging this?

Only reason I was attempting to use tunsafe and not the native wireguard client is that they don't support FireTV remote events and it needs me to use ADB to connect.

#2 2019-04-09 14:26:08

wiggo
Administrator

Re: Fire TV - VPN Failed custom wireguard config

We've not been able to replicate this error which is quite annoying, I think we should build a client for you which show the logs to help us debug this issue. Have you setup your own server or are you using config from another provider? Otherwise it could help if you make a tcpdump/wireshark on the server to see if it recieve the handshake packet from the TunSafe client.

Regards
Viktor

Board footer