TunSafe Forum

Welcome to the TunSafe Community Forum. This is open for discussions related to TunSafe and the WireGuard protocol.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-15 16:32:48

gabemorgath

Connection problem if Hamachi adapter is active

Hi there. As the subject says i found this issue when hamachi is installed on the system. First of all i start saying that the interface metric is already set: physical network adapter (ethernet) has a lower metric value than the virtual hamachi's one. Ethernet's metric= 5; Hamachi metric=9000. Within this scenario, if i try to connect to any tunsafe vpn server, the connection fails and stops into the handshake phase: for make it works i need to disable the hamachi adapter and then use tunsafe vpn app. Like this, it works as it should and at this point i can enable again hamachi adapter becouse it keeps working. But, when i restart the system,  i need to repeate what i described to make it works agan. Any clue to avoid this? Thank you.

p.s.

I noticed this thing too: when i disable the hamachi adapter and then connect to tunsafe vpn, after the established connection to the vpn, the hamachi's adapter will enable itself alone. Any explanation about this too?

#2 2019-03-16 22:19:02

Hitchhiker

Re: Connection problem if Hamachi adapter is active

#3 2019-03-16 22:59:23

gabemorgath

Re: Connection problem if Hamachi adapter is active

Hi, thanks for answering. I checked that link but i don't have that issue. I can connect perfectly to the hamachi network. The problem is that if hamachi is already running, when i try to connect to tunsafe vpn it won't work becouse it alwas "sees" the hamachi as first network card, even if the metric has higher value. Only when i disable hamachi, the vpn app can connect to the tunsafe's vpn becouse it correctly routes the packet to the network card which has the internet connection. Sorry if i was not so much clear in my previous explanation.

Board footer