TunSafe Forum

Welcome to the TunSafe Community Forum. This is open for discussions related to TunSafe and the WireGuard protocol.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-07 13:36:54

hybtoy

wg+torrents

Hey all,

Noticed that when I am downloading something via torrents, wireguard connection is droping for a while.

Is it only for me or somebody else has the same issue?

Torrent client: Qbittorent

#2 2019-01-07 20:19:42

Hitchhiker

Re: wg+torrents

Some servers weren't functioning properly this morning, but appear to be back up and running now.

Do you have the Kill Switch enabled using the "Yes, Both Methods" in the Options menu? Enable it if you haven't since it forces all packets through the tunnel.

If the problem persists, try connecting to a different server provided it isn't too far away from your location. You can find a list of them here:
https://forum.tunsafe.com/viewtopic.php?id=21

#3 2019-01-08 04:56:22

hybtoy

Hitchhiker wrote:

Some servers weren't functioning properly this morning, but appear to be back up and running now.

Do you have the Kill Switch enabled using the "Yes, Both Methods" in the Options menu? Enable it if you haven't since it forces all packets through the tunnel.

If the problem persists, try connecting to a different server provided it isn't too far away from your location. You can find a list of them here:
https://forum.tunsafe.com/viewtopic.php?id=21

I use my own wg servers.

Regarding the Kill Switch, torrents are blocked in our country and they work only with VPN, I don't think that the problem in Kill Switch because with TAP adapter everything by default is routed through VPN.

#4 2019-01-08 05:36:45

hybtoy

Just tested with TunSafe servers, the same problem, connection drops after I start to download something via torrent.

#5 2019-01-08 16:57:31

wiggo
Administrator

hybtoy wrote:

Just tested with TunSafe servers, the same problem, connection drops after I start to download something via torrent.

Which OS version are you running?

#6 2019-01-09 05:22:28

hybtoy

wiggo wrote:
hybtoy wrote:

Which OS version are you running?

Windows 10 LTSB

Board footer