TunSafe Forum

Welcome to the TunSafe Community Forum. This is open for discussions related to TunSafe and the WireGuard protocol.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-22 02:27:38

ygybjc

Thank you for your product

I downloaded your Mac version, but I don't know how to use it. Can you tell me the specific operation? Thank you very much

#2 2018-10-22 14:21:19

Rainmaker

Re: Thank you for your product

In the Terminal app you need to change to the directory in which you downloaded and built Tunsafe. For example if it's in ~/tunsafe then you'd do:

cd tunsafe

then you can launch tunsafe and point it to the WireGuard conf file like this:

./tunsafe /path/to/server.conf

The Terminal will need to stay open while the connection is live. Bear in mind that the Mac version is very much in the early stages, is single threaded and doesn't have many features. For now you may wish to install the 'official' wg-quick and other wg tools via homebrew:

brew install wireguard

That way you can put your server conf files in /etc/wireguard/ and just connect with:

wg-quick up connection-name

That will run change your system DNS and routing table, then run in the background. So once connected, you can then close the terminal. Both tools do a similar job, and it's nice to have a choice. Either way you'll be able to connect to a WireGuard enabled VPN server.

#3 2018-10-23 05:45:59

ygybjc

Re: Thank you for your product

thank you,mac ok.

Board footer